Good health is important to everyone, but with skyrocketing medical costs and a slumping economy now is harder than ever to pay for good quality Health Care. If you can't afford to pay for medical care right now, Medicaid can help provide the resources necessary to ensure you and your family have a long and healthy life
Medicaid is a state run program for low-income individuals and families. Many groups of people can gain access to Medicaid as long as they meet certain requirements set forth by their State's Medicaid administration. Medicaid requirements can include age, whether or not you are pregnant, disabled, your financial standing or if you are a US citizen.
September 16, 2011
Pregnancy is expensive. This is a problem for expecting mothers from low-income families.
Fortunately, Medicaid has a program, which provides pregnant women with the necessary prenatal and post-natal healthcare at little or no cost.
Application for this program is easy. After collecting and submitting all the required documents (e.g. identification card, proof of pregnancy, proof of income, Social Security numbers, etc.), you’ll just have to wait for the Medicaid provider to contact you.
Results are usually released within 30 days after application. However, you may check the status online if you want to keep track of the processing. Here’s how:
- Go to your state government’s web address and look for the Medicaid section.
- If you do not know the web address, you may check the list on the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services website. The list can be found here: http://www.cms.gov/MedicaidEligibility/downloads/ListStateMedicaidWebsites.pdf
- Once you have located the “Medicaid” tab in the government website, look for the “Check Application” tab.
- On the next page, you will be asked for your Social Security number, federal tax ID and PIN for the website. Fill it out with the necessary information to track your application.
- Click “check status.” You will then receive information on your Pregnancy Medicaid Application status shortly.